Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so
you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the
vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not
ignore any warning
signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms
can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific
course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it
constant or periodic?
Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
Does it happen at
all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke,
warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine
mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in
steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully
understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if
rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course
action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you
policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of
sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be
reached as soon
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At 360 Auto Repair Services in Antioch
Bridgehead Auto Repair
Ask The Mechanic
What People Say About Us
Very professional hard-working people. Would highly recommend someone else to get their repairs done here. In fact I'm going there tomorrow for an oil change.
I love this place the employees are great...they treat you right and keep you informed about your auto...at least try it out once...
First and foremost, honesty and reliability is how I'd describe this shop and crew. Never been here but have passed it numerous times and 2 short stories.
1. Had to get my car smog, but wouldn't pass cause a few months before that my car battery died and had to jump start which reset the CPU, took a month and a half which I tried every other week to see if it would pass, they didn't charge me extra as long as I had the receipt. Even Sam remembered me which I was surprised as to how many people come there and it's my first time.
2. This is recent but I needed to get my oil changed and I needed an estimate for my broken AC. A few years ago I used to take it to Honda for oil changes and out of no where they showed me an estimate of how a tiny pebble was sucked into my vent and that's why my AC wouldn't work. I was skeptical because they're charging me 800+...luckily I don't drive my car too much as I have another so it wasn't a necessity and I even went to another shop by Costco, same bs story. I saved over 600+ with Sam and his team as there was no leaks or anything it just needed Freon.
I'll be moving soon but if I'm ever in town or knock on wood something happens I'll be sure to take it to 360 Auto Repair Services. Thanks Sam as well as your crew.
I've been going here for over ten years and I have brought a few cars to this company, their very professional, very detailed and willing to work with you. I highly recommend them.
They always take great care of you